Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fast Sunday

Marianne and Allison Holtkamp came to Sacrament meeting today in the 3rd ward.  I attended with them rather than going to my Priesthood meeting.  I hadn't intended on bearing my testimony as it was actually the first time I had attended that ward.  However, I felt the impression that someone needed my testimony that morning.  So I bore my testimony of the Savior.  This week my lesson preparations have been towards his Atoning Sacrifice in the Garden of Gethsemane.  This was for Wednesday evening.  And my preparations for the adult class have been for his birth.  Studying both ends of his life has been good for my understanding, and for my appreciation for the sacrifice made in my behalf.  Bishop Calderwood came to introduce himself to the Holtkamp's.  Marriane had hoped to fly out Sunday afternoon.  Just as when she arrived, she had a day wait before the plane could see the required two miles.




Snow! Snow! Snow!  My goodness does it snow at times in Juneau.  The piles of snow from the snow movers is piling up.  The roads are packed in snow.  The boughs of the trees are sloping more steeply because of the weight of the snow.  The sight of bald eagles that now and then perch at the tops of those trees is fun to see.  The crows have a harder time finding something to eat and they get more cheeky by the day.  (Reed; I'm so sorry that I will have a wait before I can get a picture of the sunny day you want.)

We had a wonderful break the fast on Sunday evening.  The second ward had put up a walk through of Christmas Creches in the cultural hall.  The tables lined the hall and were decorated with lights and boughs to show off the beauty of each setting.  It was beautiful to see.  We walked through the cultural hall and then after eating a wonderful pot luck dinner we assembled in the chapel to watch the First Presidency Devotional.  That was a beautiful hour.

These were phone pictures.  I forgot my camera.

2 comments:

  1. Strange--that is the same nativity I gave to the Rosiers this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun "break the fast" for December. I love reading your posts. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete