Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Whole Lot a Shakin' Goin' On


I took the garbage out yesterday morning.  I always gaze around at all of the wonderful views I have.  There were bald eagles in many of the trees around our apartment.  I counted over 40 perched on different limbs of trees.  They are so majestic.  They can live to be over 60 years old.  I was sent an e-mail fancy presentation explaining how they went through a rebirth.  I asked the Rosenbruch's about that rebirth and they said they thought it was false.  So I looked it up.  Sure enough, no rebirth.  Someone went to a lot work to perpetuate that myth.
 

We fed the missionaries dinner last evening...shepherd pie.  They had transfers and Elder Martinez and Elder Knudsen went to Anchorage.  Elder Norris came here.  He was here last year as well.

Diane has not been feeling well.  She now has the same type of cold that I have been dealing with since before Thanksgiving.  I struggled to get to sleep last night as she was coughing a bit.  The last I saw the clock it was 11:30 p.m.  I woke up at mid-night with the bed just shaking.  I thought she was kicking my bed and putting me in my place or something.  I realized we were moving about un-natural like, but thought nothing of it.  I went right back to sleep as I was very tired.  In the morning Diane asked, "Did we have an earthquake last night?"  I told her, "I don't think so.  You were having a fitful night and for some reason you were kicking my bed."  I then went to check my e-mail and there was a question from our daughter asking how we did through the earthquake.  Sure enough!  There was an earthquake of 7.5 magnitude 206 miles south of us not far from Craig, which is in our stake.  We haven't heard of any damage or injuries.  I did get a call from the CES office in Seattle. Greg Bishop, our Area Supervisor wanted to know if we were alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment