Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bro. Beames Visit

Brother Scott Beames is the CES Coordinator for everything in Alaska with the exception of Anchorage.  He has been on an evaluation visit to Craig, and to Ketchikan and is now spending Wednesday through Saturday here in Juneau.  He is a young enthusiastic CES educator with lots of personality and a very positive outlook in so many things. 

He visited our seminary yesterday and sat in on Sister Lynn Hirschi's lesson.  Afterwards he spend quite a bit of time giving her suggestions and ideas.  Sister Hirschi was very nervous but went ahead with her lesson just fine. 

Diane and I spent the day with our final preparations for our lessons.  She will be teaching a seminary class this morning.  Last evening I taught a very sparsely attended Institute class.  Our Freshman boy from Valdez, Matt, rode his bicycle from the campus. His usual ride was with many others in the YSA on the temple trip to San Diego.  We also had Michael.  He came without the missionaries tonight.   And so I unloaded the lesson on the two of them.  I found myself having to dummy down so that Michael could understand.  I had to give him my scriptures as he wasn't finding anything in his own and I would help him find things.  But he is recognizing the spirit of the church and wants to learn. 

I taught half of the time and Bro. Beames taught the other half.  The missionaries came towards the end as did Robert and Sawa Francis.  He is the 2nd councilor in the YSA Branch. 

Diane put together a wonderful snack plate that was close to a full dinner.  She had her specialty salad and a Mormon Potato dish.  There was pumpkin pie and strawberries and whip cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment