Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15, 2012

Today was our 3rd and final day being instructed by the CES trainers.  One of our trainers was John Jewkes.  John and I have a past history.  He was one of my choir students at Butler Middle School in the 70s.  He remembers that I would pass him at 7:00 in the morning as he would be walking toward school.  I would stop and give him a ride now and then.  I remember him well.  Now he works for CES in the Church Office Bldg.

Elder and Sister Bell were a highlight of our training today.  She and I sang in the Tabernacle Choir together.  I remembered her husband going with us on tours.  He had a tremendous sense of humor and she had a wonderful spirit as she told us of their mission in Greece. 

Diane and I ate our noon meal at the MTC and returned to the Marriott to pack.  By 1:30 p.m. we were on the road.  I heard Diane say, "Good-Bye Provo." 

As we drove down I-15 I began to think to myself, "Good-Bye Salt Lake.  Good-Bye Bear River Valley, for a while.  Good-Bye Valley View Cemetery where I pay respects to Judy." 

And as we crossed the border, "Good-Bye Utah.  See you again when we finish our business."

We had to stop one last time at Maddox for a good steak dinner.  Ha!  We have only eaten there twice in 20 years.  But I'll miss it. 

We drove to Burley today.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom and Dad,

    Travel safely. We'll miss you.

    Travis, Melissa, Max, Maci, and Ryder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why would that put a lump in my throat? I hope you have a fantastic experience. Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete