Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 24, 2012

 We took a ride into Downtown Juneau yesterday afternoon.  We had spent the day in preparation for our first teaching assignments that are quickly approaching. 

I am trying to learn how to use Power Point on top of my lesson preparations.  I am struggling at learning how to copy and drop pictures and video clips into my PP slide.  Hopefully it will come soon. 

The Institute class is stretching me.  I know it will be alright in the end but the background material on the New Testament is extensive.  I know I won't be giving the students all that I am preparing for; but, I need to be prepared for any questions I may be asked.  The history of Jerusalem in the 600 yrs. prior to Christ's birth is the stretch for me. 

We did meet our landlady yesterday.  She is very sweet and quite the land baron. 

I removed the carryall from the top of the Subaru and stored it in a space the property manager has. 

I am constantly in aw at the beauty of Alaska.  Waterfalls drip from the mountain cliffs.  It is very damp.  We've seen the sun for just a few hours at a time. 

Last evening we went to help the YSA clean the church.  We didn't do much as there was plenty of young people there.  We also went to the Western Auto & Marine where we each purchased a pair of Bogs.  Those are rubber boots that go to your mid-calf.  I would have used them to milk cows in at home, or to pour cement,  I think I will enjoy them though as we are constantly slipping our shoes on and off to enter homes. 


2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy reading about your experiences. The dry spell while you were traveling was greatly relieved when you finally posted on August 22. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you ready for the cold winter months? I can only imagine what you're up against.

    ReplyDelete