Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How to Fry A Mobile Phone

We have a Stake media and hardware technician, Bro. Willis.  He took more than his entire lunch hour from work to help me understand how to use the Stake Satellite, and recording devices, and the video projector from these devices.  I felt like I was suddenly turned loose in the TV hardware room.  Fortunately he has written some wonderful directions in a three ring binder that made it possible for this technology amoeba to find some success.  Brother Willis is just another example of wonderful people who love to help you be successful.

Diane did the wash while I continued to prepare for the next Institute lesson.  There was a little shopping to get ready for dinner.  We had invited 4 missionaries to dinner.  There was our two zone leaders, Elder Satini and Elder Martinez.  There was also Elder Franks and Elder Springer who work in our branch. 

Diane cooked up some Enchilada Soup along with a nice salad and some pie.  There were some grapes too.  These Elders were so grateful and would have made their mothers proud.  I asked them to give us a spiritual message before they left.  Elder Springer jumped right to it and did a great job. 

Word on the street was that Elder Springer could play some guitar.  He played for us, "If I Could Hie To Kolob."  It was very well done.  He doodled on the guitar while we chatted for a bit.  When I could see by the clock that we had been together for an hour, I offered a prayer.  It was touching to me, to be on our knees so far away from the comfort of our home, with 4 young Elders we have known for two weeks now, giving thanks to a Heavenly Father and asking for his blessings. 

After they had left I noticed some cheese had somehow made it's way onto our bathroom floor.  I bent down to pick the morsel of cheese from the floor, and in stooping down watched in horror as my cell phone fell from my front pocket into the open toilet bowl.  Wait!  I've only had this phone a week and I've killed it.  What is it with me? 

I quickly shut it down and removed the battery and the memory card.  I dried them as best as I could and hoped for the best.  This morning the alarm on it went off at 5:00 a.m. like it was asked to do.  The display looked fine.  However, I do not receive any info and cannot send any info.  It was so hard to call  the mission office and report an assassinated, church owned phone.  I have removed it from life support.  (I still have my Utah phone number until mid-night tonight. That is when my cancel request takes effect.)  I feel like I have run over my pet puppy.

2 comments:

  1. We ALWAYS close the toilet lid--ever since living for two years in a trailer with a very small bathroom. Experience is a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change contract between us! compra smartphone barato online

    ReplyDelete