Sunday, September 9, 2012

Talking In Sacrament Meeting

I needed practice on making a DVD recording from a broadcast.  At 4:00 p.m. I went to the church to see if I had learned the process well enough that I could be successful at it.  I seem to have it down.


Upon leaving the audio and video room I noticed the Spanish Missionaries were preparing for a baptism.  I rushed home and Diane and I changed into appropriate clothes for a baptism and joined them.  A sweet little gal, age 11, joined the church.  The service was in both English and Spanish.  There was a wonderful spirit there as all watched a couple of videos by the church after the baptism. 

 Diane and I went out into the rain and found a place to eat dinner.  We really haven't eaten out since we arrived.  We found a place called "Donna's."


I knew we had to talk in church today and while Diane was preparing diligently I was having a hard time doing anything.  In my mind I was going to dissect Section 4 of the Doctrine and Covenants.  And that is the way I left it as I went to bed.  This morning I woke up with an entirely different subject.  I seem to be feeling the need to speak on the Holy Ghost and so that is what I did. 

Diane did a wonderful job with her talk.  She used Julie Beck's inspiring talk from a while back.  She is getting more comfortable behind the podium all the time. 

We had choir practice and a short meeting for those who are going to San Diego next month to attend the temple and visit with the Schindlers, (the couple who preceeded us.)  I think some will be staying with them in San Diego.

1 comment:

  1. From the looks of the pictures, it looks like it is all wet lands!

    ReplyDelete